Junior Sailing School
Coos Bay Yacht Club Junior Sailing School
August 2 to the 6th 2022
For Youths 10 to 18 Years Old
We will be teaching boating and basic water safety, care and rigging of small sailboats, sailing techniques, beginning racing techniques, and basic rules. An end of school race will be held on Saturday, August 6. Classes are held daily 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. The Saturday, August 6, race will start at 11:00 AM with a bring your own meat BBQ, awards and ice cream desert following the final race for all family members.
1. Students must be able to swim well enough to enable themselves to get back into a capsized boat. A basic swim test is required, with wearing a life jacket.
2. All students need a supervising parent or adult CBYC member sponsor present on site who is responsible for entry, information, and supervision during the “on the docks” and “on the water” activities. Any exceptions need to be discussed with the instructor prior to July 15. The sponsor and parent assume all liability for the activities for the student. Parent volunteer instructors or supervisors are needed for specific events.
3. Each student will be required to provide his or her own U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket with a whistle to wear at all times while on the docks and on the water. Students should bring a swimsuit, change of dry clothing, and a dry towel, which should have personal identification attached. No phones, radios or electronic games please! A “shortie (or full length) wet suit” is recommended for warmth, very few are available for loan. Shoes are required to be worn at all times while on the docks. No "free swimming" time is allowed during the lunch break.
5. A $175 donation per sailor with registration for the Sailing School Program is needed to maintain the program. (CBYC liability insurance premium per student for the 5 days is in excess of $144)
6. Class is held rain or shine, only the activities may be modified.
7. Prompt registration prior to July 15, 2022 is needed to enable proper planning for the Sailing School.
8. Sailing school logo tee shirts will be available for purchase with early registration by July 15.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL JESSICA RANDLE 541-404-7113